To present hopeful educational information that heightens awareness about bullies, as well as sibling abuse, and promotes emotional and mental wellness of children. To help uncover that bullies are often created in home settings.
To impart valuable information about bullying and sibling abuse, that leads to family and societal change. To support children to have safe peer and sibling relationships for positive adulthoods.
Sibling abuse is rapidly increasing. We now have an epidemic.
It appears that sibling abuse is the most overlooked form of family violence.
- An estimated 19 million children per year engage in abusive violence against a sibling(s).
- 40 million adults are in various stages of recovery from sibling abuse.
- Two million children have used a weapon as a means of resolving a physical confrontation with a sibling.
- Recent statistics on homicides reveal that siblings committed 1.5% of all murders. This comprises 10% of all murders in families.
- 53 out of every 100 children abuse their brother or sister.
- Bullying in America is epidemic. Bullying starts in many homes.
- Bullying is research linked to sibling abuse
Watch the Trailer: Girl in the Water: A True Story of Sibling Abuse, by Nancy Kilgore