Sibling Abuse has long lasting impact to adulthood.
If this happened to you, you are not alone.You might be asking:
- Can I be free of my past and move on?
- Will I ever have a normal life?
- Will this anxiety ever go away?
- Why do I keep attracting the wrong people?
In America alone, it is estimated that there are over 40 million adult sibling abuse survivors.According to recent research, sibling abuse dramatically affects the adult with:
- Chronic anxiety,depression, PTSD
- Difficulties with work,
- Dysfunctional relationships, domestic violence,
- Financial issues
- Low self esteem
- Estrangement from Family/Isolation
- Suicidal Ideation
Contact Us Today!
Breakthrough to a Positive Life
Through my own journey of recovery from sibling abuse, I have first hand insight and education about recovery. I have consulted with clients, for over 16 years, who have PTSD, bad relationships, and trauma from childhood. I understand how family, parenting, and intimate relationships are affected. I am a survivor, a national author, and conference presenter, and have made many therapy referrals and conducted coaching sessions. I believe in EMDR therapy because it jumpstarted my own life. I had spent several years in the wrong therapy and received many misdiagnoses. I take great pride in being a part of the healing and recovery process. Based on my educational Master’s from the University of Oregon, study of Neuroscience, being an a National author/trainer on Sibling Abuse and PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), and also my background of working with clients, my beneficial therapy referrals are designed and tailored made for each client to achieve positive recovery and empowerment.
Authored the following books:
- Every Eighteen Second (1993)
- The Sourcebook For Working With Battered Women (1993)
- The Girl In The Water: A true story of Sibling Abuse (2013)
- Sibling Abuse: True Impact to Childhood and Adulthood (2021)
- Colorado Organization for Victims
- Alabama School of Alcohol & Drug Studies-Continuing Education
- West Coast Symposium on Addictive Disorders
- Northwestern Region, Soroptimist International
- Oregon American Federation of State and County Employees
- Drug & Alcohol Department-Continuing
- Education/South Carolina
- The Oregon Association of Young Children
- Georgia Domestic Violence Coalition
- Kansas State University-Governor's Conference
- Lane County Labor Council, AFL-CIO
- NASW-Alaska/ Continuing Education
- California Nurses Association
- Wyoming Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual
Sibling Abuse: True Story of Impact to Childhood and Adulthood
"For too long, sibling abuse has been a serious problem that has been overlooked and excused as sibling rivalry. I commend Nancy Kilgore's personal story which will help other survivors to uncover their harmful experiences and seek help." Vernon R. Wiehe, PhD, Professor, the College of Social Work, University of Kentucky and author of Working with Child Abuse and Neglect
"This book is a call to action about the effects of sibling abuse and its link to family dysfunction. It's also a book about hope and encouragement, and a message for sibling abuse survivors that they are not alone." Jane Balvanz, coauthor, When Girls Hurt Girls® and co-owner, A Way Through and The Global Alliance for Preventing Relational Aggression